Friday, June 28, 2013

Ottobre 02/2013 Beckie Dress

Top stitched almost all of the seams. Not such a good idea for adjusting.






 I thought this dress had a nice shape, but the DD thinks she is too young (17yrs) for a sack dress.  I have not hemmed the dress in the photos because she is not so sure about it.
I did take about an inch off the each side from the bottom edge tapering to the waist.  I think she will like the next version better if I also take some fullness from the center panel. I think that you will either be OK with the swingy shape or just not do this pattern.  I am afraid that removing more fullness might actually make the dress worse. What do you think?



We love Pete!

   
Have a nice weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love your color combos. I made this dress too and it is a lot of fullness in it. I have contemplated making another one and trying to adjust that...but there are so many other dresses waiting in my sewing que that I may not get around to do that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley Ann! I'm glad to hear that the fullness is not just some problem related to how I put it together because the magazine pic does not look that full. I bet we do not get around to the redo either. I think it is cute enough, but Amanda will probably only wear it around the house.

      Delete
    2. I'm just wondering how tall the model is in Ottobre. Although I'm thin, I'm only 5'1, so I think these types of dresses don't seem to have the same appearance of fullness on someone very tall as they do smaller heights. Of course I may not have a clue what I'm talking about either! LOL It seems like Burda has very tall models and they can really pull off long or short unfitted clothing.

      Delete
    3. I think you are right Shirley Ann. Amanda is 5'2" which makes me think the dress would be really short on someone taller.

      Delete
  2. It's really cute on her and I especially like the look of the bodice and the color-blocking. I've contemplated making this one, and plan to trace it at least (:, but will definitely be slimming it down now that I've seen three versions of it. It's worth a try, I think, since the design is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I think it is a really cute dress. I may try this one again.

      Delete
  3. I love the top of the dress, but agree that the skirt is too full - think it would look great as a straight skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you are right. It would look cute reworked to be a straight dress. I think to save this one, I am going to cut it off tunic length and see if that looks more pleasing.

      Delete