Friday, June 8, 2012

Free Onion Top


This is the Maria-Denmark aka Onion Pattern newest pdf pattern and it is FREE!! Kirsten Kimono Tee

This was probably the fastest I have ever made a t-shirt. I am not all that good with centimeters and my measurements but I went with the small.  I usually go with a medium in most patterns.  I am 36 in the bust and 37 ish in the hips.  It is form fitting at my hips, but I think that is how it is suppose to look...kind of ruched in the middle.  I almost added side slits but I am liking this for now.  The directions talk about finishing the neck and sleeves with FOE or ribbing.  I did neither and just turned it under and cover-stitched it. There is no gaping at all with this finish because of the shallow neck. I think my next one, I will add a small pocket.
Fabric cotton knit from Fabrique! here in the Dallas area.

7 comments:

  1. Cute top! Thanks for sharing the link to the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great.
    Just a small note - the pattern is not from ONION, but from "MariaDenmark" (It is available through the shopONION site, though.. I see. It is a little confusing :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and easy! I think this might be just the thing I need to fill my t-shirt gap in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! It has a nice shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the link to the pattern. I'll have a go at making for the Australian summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still tingling from cumming to these pics!

    ReplyDelete